Mon – Thurs: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

(204) 944-0249

Toll-Free: 1-888-292-4669

Leaving Manitoba?

Before you Move…

Please check the vehicle registration and insurance rules in the province, territory or state where you are moving. You may need to register and insure your vehicle shortly after you arrive, sometimes even a few weeks or less. Remember it is your responsibility to ensure that you are correctly insured. You can find the contact information for each province below.

While still in force your Autopac includes all perils, third party liability and Personal Injury Protection Plan coverage. Your Autopac coverage ends when:

  • The place you have moved to requires you to register your vehicle
  • You register your vehicle in your new location
  • Your Autopac expires or you are suspended for not making payment on time
  • You cancel your insurance.

Once you leave Manitoba your personal Injury Protection Plan coverage only applies if you are injured while driving or riding your Manitoba plated vehicle.

Your new insurer may require written record of your claims history in Manitoba. Manitoba Public Insurance will provide you with a Claims Experience Letter for a $15 fee. In Winnipeg call 985-7000; outside Winnipeg call toll free 1-800-665-2410. MPI will accept Visa or Mastercard for requests over the phone and the Claims Experience Letter will be mailed to you once payment is received.

After registering your vehicle in your new location, send a photocopy of your new vehicle registration to: Manitoba Public Insurance, Box 6300 Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4A4. Please include a letter with your return address and your signature authorizing MPI to cancel your insurance. You can also fax this information to (204)985-7840. Unless you cancel your insurance you will not receive a refund for unused premium and you may continue to make payments, even though MPI may not respond to any claims you may have.

Driver and Vehicle Licencing Enquiries – Canadian Jurisdictions

If you are planning to move to another province or territory within Canada, you can use the following information to contact the new jurisdiction regarding their driver and vehicle licensing requirements.


Alberta Government Services Registries
Box 3140
Edmonton, Alberta
T5J 2G7
Outside of Alberta Phone: (780)-427-2711
Toll Free Anywhere in Alberta Phone: 310-0000
Fax: (780) 422-2852
Service Alberta Website

British Columbia

151 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, British Columbia
V7M 3H9
Phone: (604) 661-2800 or Toll Free 1-800-663-3051
Fax: (604) 646-7400
ICBC Website


Manitoba Public Insurance
Driver and Vehicle Licensing
1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3G 0S1
Phone: (204) 985-7000 or Toll Free 1-800-665-2410
Fax: (204) 954-5357
MPI Website

New Brunswick

Driver Licencing with Department of Public Safety
Argyle Place
Floor: 1
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, New Brunswick
E3B 5H1
Phone: (506) 453-2410
Fax: (506) 453-7455
Government of New Brunswick Website

Newfoundland and Labrador

Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Services & Transportation
Motor Registration Division
PO Box 8710
St. John.s, Newfoundland
A1B 4J5
Phone: (709) 729-2519
Fax: (709) 729-6955
Newfoundland Government Services Website

Northwest Territories

Department of Transportation
Government of the Northwest Territories
Motor Vehicles Division
Box 1320
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
X1A 2L9
Phone: (867) 873-7406
Fax: (867) 873-0120
Northwest Territories Departmet of Transportation Website

Nova Scotia

Department of Transportation and Communications
Registry of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 1652
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3L 4P1
Phone: (902) 424-5851
Fax: (902) 424-0535
Registry of Motor Vehicles Website


Government of Nunavut
Division of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 207
Gjoa Haven, Nunavut
Phone: (867) 975-5382
Fax: (867) 975-5836
Government of Nunavut Website


Ministry of Transportation Information
Licence Assistance Section
Main Floor, Building A
1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario
M3M 1J8
Phone: (416) 235-2999 or Toll Free 1-800-387-3445
Fax: (416) 235-4153
Drivers and Vehicles Website

Prince Edward Island

Island Information Service
Government of Prince Edward Island
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
C1A 7N8
Phone: (902) 368-5223
Fax: (902) 368-5236
PEI Transportation and Public Works Website


Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec
Case Postale 19600, Terminus
333, boulevard Jean-Lesage
Quebec, QC
G1K 8J6
Phone: Toll Free 1-800-361-7620
La Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec Website


SGI Auto Fund Division
2260-11th Avenue
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4P 2N7
Phone: (306) 775-6900 or Toll Free 1-800-667-9868
Fax: 1-800-563-5003
SGI Website


Department of Motor Vehicle Community and Transportation Services
PO Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 2C6 (C-22)
Phone: (867) 667-5315 or Toll Free 1-800-661-0408
Fax: (867) 393-6220
Government of Yukon Department of Community Services Driver Licences